
For years, I've tried my hardest to keep writing a blog whether other people acknowledged the blog or not. I've attempted to write under an array of aliases, until recently. Hardy D. Jackson wrote, "Above all, be true to yourself, and if you cannot put your heart in it, take yourself out of it."
So, what's the point in doing something that I love if I'm not the one doing it? You are correct. There is simply no reason for me to not express my innermost thoughts and desires if I am not my true self.
I am a sixteen year old girl. I'm wrapped in the cliche of teenage love with a boy named Brendan, and I'll swear to my grave that I'm in love. Yet, lately, my ability to love is dwindling. Am I outgrowing my surroundings? Am I becoming a heartless shrew? Perhaps. And perhaps not.
I've been reading The Happiness Project, by Gretchen Rubin. For those of you who don't know what this book is about, it's simply about a woman finding her true happiness. Anyone can be content with their life, but not everyone is truly happy. This book is about her journey in finding her own true happiness.
What does this have to do with a teenage girl who has seen little of the world surrounding her? It seems that I've already forgotten how to love. How to love Brendan, how to love others, and most importantly, how to love myself.
Parkenham Beaty advised, "By your own soul, learn to live. And if men thwart you take no heed. If men hate you have no care. Sing your song, dream your dream,
Hope your hope and pray your prayer."
This blog is one step to becoming more myself than I've ever been. Learning how to accept things for the way they are, instead of changing them. I must learn how to allow myself to love others the way they are and to love myself the way I am.
This, my readers, is my Love Project.
It is now April 5, 2012. I have six months to complete this project. I'll keep a daily/weekly account of my time here, and we'll hope for progress. Following are my eight goals, and soon enough, month-by-month plan as to how to achieve the ultimate love.
Goal 1- Have Katana Time.
Goal 2- Just do it.
Goal 3- Let it go.
Goal 4- Just exist.
Goal 5- Be polite-be fair.
Goal 6- Be picky about what's important.
Goal 7- Lighten up.
Goal 8- Love myself, and love others.
Blessed Be,
Katana
No comments:
Post a Comment