Thankfully, I am not a parent (yet). We still have at least ten more years for that. But, in researching different ways to pamper myself, I've stumbled across a few helpful websites that just so happened to be aimed at-you guessed it- Moms. I've gotten some great suggestions like;
Drink a cup of tea and watch a mind numbing show.
Call an old friend and catch up.
Take a warm bath (ew).
Buy a treat at the grocery store (or make one?).
Read a good book or magazine.
Have an at-home date night.
Get a massage.
Light a pretty smelling candle specifically for when you're stressed.
Among others, these were a few that I would like to try. Aside, of course, from the bath suggestion. I don't know if I'll ever be able to relax in my own body nastiness. It seems, however, that taking a bath has been used for centuries as a stress relieving technique. I may consider trying to cope with it (as long as I can take a shower afterward).
Speaking of drinking nice, hot drinks, I've already gotten started on that! As of now, I'm drinking a nice warm cup of joe. Joe has always been a friend of mine, and although B. isn't Joe's biggest fan, it's something he'll have to deal with. As long as I'm around, so is Joe.
After my nice hot shower tonight, I plan on spending five minutes meditating. Pure positivity and meditation will fill my room for five whole minutes. Of course, that may be difficult, as I am not the calmest person in the world. I always have thoughts bouncing around my noggin.
Until tonight, dearies! :)
Take a look at the articles below to see different ways to take the time out of your day and be pampered.
http://www.parenting.com/gallery/easy-ways-to-pamper-yourself
http://www.wikihow.com/Pamper-Yourself
http://simplemom.net/10-cheap-and-easy-ways-to-pamper-yourself/
http://parentables.howstuffworks.com/self/137-Ways-Pamper-Yourself-Lift-Your-Spirits-Recharge-Your-Life.html
No comments:
Post a Comment